Family business, efficiency, internationalisation and corporate governance (EMFAM)
Principal Investigator:Inés Amelia Herrero Chacón
Keywords: family business, performance, efficiency, equity, family social capital, internationalization, corporate governance, data analysis of wrapping, DEA.
He group of research "company family, efficiency, internationalization and Government corporate" (EMFAM) works in topics relating to the internationalization of companies, making special emphasis in them companies family and its effect in the efficiency of them companies. The Group owns researchers who have studied previously methodologies for computation of business efficiency, such as wrapping of data analysis (DEA), stochastic boundaries (SPF)... Currently also discusses aspects of Government corporate and its incidence in the performance of the company.
The Group has experience in teaching courses in titles of master on measures of business efficiency, internationalisation, corporate governance...
Inés Herrero (team leader): http://www.upo.es/doem/?p=ihercha
José Luis Barbero Navarro: http://www.upo.es/doem/?p=jlbarnav
M Ángeles Ramón Jerónimo (researcher): http://www.upo.es/doem/?p=maramjer
José Manuel Hurtado Sánchez (researcher): http://www.upo.es/doem/?p=jmhurgon
Pedro Brazo Dorado (student of PhD)
Matthew Hughes (University of Durham, UK)
Louise Scholes (Loughborough University, London, UK)
Wagner Kamakura (Rice University, EE.UU.)
Public and private research and project contracts
Projects that the Group has been responsible for:
- TEMEC European research project (Technical Efficiency in EU Fisheries: Implications for Monitoring and Management Through Effort Control) corresponding to the fifth framework programme of the European Community with a total budget of 128.912 euros (21.449.152 pta). This project lasted three years (01/01/2000-31/12/2003) and he worked in collaboration with other five research groups of universities. IP in Spain: Ines Herrero
- EFIMAS European research project (Operational Evaluation Tools for Fisheries Management Options) corresponding to the sixth framework programme of the European Community with a total budget of 85.561 euros. This project had a duration of four years and a half (01/01/2004-01/07/2008) and it worked in collaboration with other thirty research groups of universities. IP in Spain: Ines Herrero
- Research project "Andalusian fisheries regulation systems. Study of co-gestionada fishery", funded by the Centre for Andalusian studies, focused, dependent of the Andalusian Research Center. This project has a total budget of ? 6,000 and a duration of one year (01/01/05-31/12/05). IP: Ines Herrero
- Research project granted by the Ministry of education and science, entitled "Management of fisheries perspective economic, social, and organizational resources" (SEJ-2006-08416). Funding: 33,000 Euros. Duration: 3 years (2007-2009). IP: Ines Herrero
- Research project granted by the Ministry of education and science titled Information, innovation and profitability in aquaculture and fisheries (Ref. ECO2009 - 13378). Funding: 33,000 Euros. Duration: 3 years (2010-2012). IP: Ines Herrero
- Project of research of excellence granted by the counseling of innovation of the Board of Andalusia entitled "sustainability fisheries, behavior and transfer of knowledge between their agents: influence in the economy and management fishing" (Reference: SEJ-6658). Funding: 90,400 euros. Duration: 4 years (2012-2015). IP: Ines Herrero
- It is currently responsible for the research project granted by the Ministry of technology and competitiveness entitled "internationalisation of SMEs: analysis of strategies and moderating variables". Funding: 16,500 euros. Duration: January 2013 - August 2016). (Reference: ECO2012-38414). IP: Ines Herrero.
- Research project "the internationalization of the Spanish family company." Evaluation of the performance and use of ICT"granted by the Chair of EXTENDA. Funding: 4,000 euros. Duration: 2 years (January 2014-January 2015). IP: M Angeles Ramon Jerome and Agnes Smith