Catedra BBVA (Labour Force Survey Analysis)
J. Ignacio García Pérez
41013 Seville (Spain)
Phone: 34 954 977 975
Labour economics, Microeconometrics, Public policy evaluation, Job search models, retirement, migration, Family economics.
- “Employment Dynamics of Immigrants versus Natives: Evidence from the Boom-Bust period in Spain, 2000-2011” (with Raquel Carrasco), forthcoming in Economic Inquiry.
- “Are Unemployment Benefits harmful to the stability of working careers? The case of Spain” (with Yolanda Rebollo), Forthcoming in SERIEs – Journal of the Spanish Economic Association.
- “The wage gap between foreign and Spanish nationals in Spain: An Analysis using matched employer-employee data” (with M. Prieto and F. Muñoz), International Migration, 2014, Vol 52-6, pp. 165-179.
- “Delaying the normal and early retirement ages in Spain: behavioural and welfare consequences for employed and unemployed workers” (with A. Sanchez-Martin and S. Jiménez), De Economist, 2014, Vol. 162-4, pp. 341-375.
- “Dual Labour Markets and the Tenure Distribution: Reducing Severance Pay or Introducing a Single Contract” (with Victoria Osuna), Labour Economics, 2014, Vol. 29, pp. 1-13.
- “Does grade retention affect students’ achievement? Some evidence from Spain” (with M. Hidalgo and J.A. Robles), Applied Economics, 2014, vol. 46, pag. 1.373-1.392.
- “On the welfare loss caused by inequality of opportunity” (with Aitor Calo), The Journal of Economic Inequality, 2014, Vol. 12(2), pp. 221-237.
- “Retirement incentives, individual heterogeneity and labour transitions of employed and unemployed workers” (with A. Sánchez-Martín and S. Jiménez), Labour Economics, 2014, Vol. 20, pp. 106-120.
- Metodología y diseño de estudios para la evaluación de políticas públicas (Coord), Antoni Bosh Editor, 2009
- “La Muestra Continua de Vidas Laborales: Una guía de uso para el análisis de transiciones“, Revista de Economía Aplicada, 2008
- “Job Separation in a Non-stationary Search Model: A Structural Estimation to Evaluate Alternative Unemployment Insurance Systems“, Journal of Applied Econometrics, 2006.