The European Projects Office (OPE)
The European Projects Office (OPE), which is part of the Office for the Transfer of Research Results (OTRI), is the unit responsible for the support of researchers participation from the Pablo de Olavide University (UPO) in Research and innovation initiatives at European and international level, with special emphasis on the European R&I Framework Programme of the European Union, Horizon Europe (2021-2027).
The OPE also acts as liaison between regional and national relevant agents with the objective of increasing the participation rates and research fund raising.
To this end, specific objectives have been set:
- Increase the leadership in proposals and the coordination of tasks by UPO researchers.
- Improve the success rate of applications submitted.
- Encourage the participation of researchers as expert evaluators of European R&D and innovation programmes.
- Encourage the joint participation between research groups and companies (academia & industry).
- Encourage the participation of spin-offs of the University in European R&D and innovation programmes.
The OPE supports researchers in the whole life-cycle of projects: from the dissemination of opportunities to the management and monitoring of projects
Information and support services:
- Information and guidance on opportunities of financing international R&D and innovation projects (calls, grants, events, etc.)
- Training (teaching, organization of seminars, workshops and/or conferences).
- Technical advice and support for the preparation of proposals (drafting, budget preparation, consortium agreements reviewing, proposals submission, contact with representatives, etc.)
- Partner search assistance. Support for researchers on partner search requests and offers for the formation of consortia, as well as dissemination of the UPO researchers' profile.
- Dissemination of funding opportunities to UPO researchers.
Management and monitoring services:
- Monitoring of the project evaluation (contact with representatives).
- Negotiation of grant agreements with the EC.
- Administrative-financial mediation with the EC and/or with the partners.
- Support in the projects coordination.
- Support in the preparation of intermediate and final reports.
- Coordination of management and economic monitoring of projects.
- Support for project audits.
The OPE is also the Local Contact Point of EURAXESS, the European network for the mobility of researchers. For more information, please, click here.