Code of ethics
«International Journal of Educational Research and Innovation (IJERI)» is an international scientific journal that aims to encourage reflection and multidisciplinary research on Educational Innovation and Research as a publication that seeks maximum international excellence, is guided by the ethical code of the Publications Ethics Committee (COPE), aimed at both editors and reviewers and authors.
Commitments of the authors
- Originality and fidelity of the data: Authors should send original works to the "International Journal of Educational Research and Innovation (IJERI)" attest that the work is original and unpublished, that it does not contain parts of other authors or other fragments of work already published by the authors. In addition, they confirm the veracity of the data.
- Multiple and / or repetitive publications: The author should not publish articles in which the same results are repeated in more than one scientific journal or any other publication of a non-academic nature.
- Attributions, citations and references: The author must always provide the correct indication of the sources and contributions mentioned in the article along with his DOI or URL if any.
- Authorship: The authors guarantee the inclusion of those people who have made a significant scientific and intellectual contribution in the conceptualization and planning of the work as in the analysis of the results and in the writing of the same. At the same time the order of appearance of the authors has been ranked according to their level of responsibility and involvement.
- Access and retention: If the members of the Editorial Board consider it appropriate, the authors of the articles should also make available the sources or data on which the research is based, which can be kept for a reasonable period of time after publication and possibly become accessible.
- Conflict of interests and disclosure: All authors are required to state explicitly that there are no conflicts of interest that may have influenced the results obtained or the proposed interpretations. Authors should also indicate any funding from agencies and / or projects from which the research article arises.
- Errors in published articles: When an author identifies in his article an important error or inaccuracy, he must immediately inform the editors of the journal and provide them with all the necessary information to list the relevant corrections at the bottom of the same article (always in a side note, so as not to alter the publication).
- Responsibility: The responsibility for the content of the articles published in the "International Journal of Educational Research and Innovation (IJERI)" is exclusive to the authors. The authors also undertake to make a review of the most current and relevant scientific literature of the subject analyzed, taking into account in a plural way the different currents of knowledge.
Commitments of the reviewers
- Contribution to the editorial decision: The reviewers assume the commitment to carry out and guarantee a critical, honest, constructive and biased review of both the scientific quality and the literary quality of the writing in the field of their knowledge and skills.
- Respect for review times: The reviewer who does not feel competent in the subject to be reviewed or who cannot finish the evaluation at the scheduled time, must immediately notify the editors. The reviewers agree to evaluate the work in the shortest possible time to respect the deadlines.
- Confidentiality: Each assigned manuscript must be considered confidential. Therefore, these texts should not be discussed with other people without the express consent of the editors.
- Objectivity: Peer review should be done objectively. The reviewers are obliged to give sufficient reasons for each of their assessments, always using the review template. The reviewers will submit a full critical report with appropriate references according to the revision protocol of the "International Journal of Educational Research and Innovation (IJERI)".
- Text visualization: The reviewers agree to indicate precisely the bibliographical references of fundamental works possibly forgotten by the author. The reviewer must also inform the editors of any similarity or overlaps of the manuscript with other published works.
- Anonymity: To ensure that the review process is as objective, impartial and transparent as possible, the authors' identity is deleted before the work is submitted for peer review. If it is the case that the identity of the authors, their institutional affiliations or any other data that jeopardizes the anonymity of the document has been compromised, the reviewer must immediately notify the editors.
- Publication decision: The editors will guarantee the selection of the most qualified reviewers and scientists scientifically to issue a critical and expert assessment of the work, with the least possible bias. «International Journal of Educational Research and Innovation (IJERI)» chooses to select two reviewers for each work so as to ensure greater objectivity in the review process. In the case that there were different valuations, in exceptional cases a third reviewer would be selected.
- Honesty: The editors evaluate the articles submitted for publication based on the scientific merit of the contents, without discrimination of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, nationality, political opinion of the authors.
- Confidentiality: The editors and the members of the working group undertake not to disclose information regarding the articles sent to the publication to other persons than authors, reviewers and editors. The editors and the Editorial Committee commit themselves to the confidentiality of the manuscripts, their authors and reviewers, so that anonymity preserves the intellectual integrity of the entire process.
- Conflict of interests and disclosure: the editors agree not to use the contents of the articles submitted for publication in their investigations without the written consent of the author.
- Respect for the times: The editors are maximum responsible for complying with the time limits for reviews and publication of accepted papers, to ensure a rapid dissemination of their results. They are committed to complying with the published times (maximum of 90 days in the estimation / dismissal from receipt of the manuscript in the Review Platform).
The works sent by authors to the "International Journal of Educational Research and Innovation (IJERI)" magazine will be submitted by the management to publications to Software SafeAssign and others.